Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Baptismal Gowns

I have made a variety of baptismal gowns.  I like to do something a little different each time.  I believe baptism is an extremely special and personal event, so it is important to me that the gown reflects that.  The prices range widely depending on the dress we design together.  My gowns start at $75 and up; however, I will always work with someone on a budget.



This is Olivia and the dress made especially for her!  Since she has three older brothers, it was important to design a dress that was timeless and detailed just enough to accentuate the joy and beauty of being a girl.  This is one of my favorite creations.






This next gown was made for Cheyenne.  It is made from the same ivory cotton but a layered skirt trimmed with lace and ribbon give this gown a bohemian feel.





This gown was made for Malachy Michael Alphonsus.  I love this one because it is perfect for large families who may want the same gown for all of their children, boys or girls. 







This next one is in honor of the Bishop of Rome.  I just love the thought behind this design.







 This is a dress made for a donation raffle at Our Lady of Guadalupe.









This dress was made for Hadley Rae.   She needed something a little different.  I was able to give a traditional style a modern twist.  We used an antique embroidered organza with a light pink satin underneath.  The effect was very pretty.  We also made a special bonnet to match.







 This gown was made for a special little boy, Aiden.  Unfortunately, Aiden was born too early and in distress... his special Sacrament of Baptism was given to him just before he was flown to Children's Hospital in St. Louis, MO.  Nonetheless, I was happy to have made it for him and his parents to share with any subsequent children.






The idea was to make something traditional and sweet that could be worn by a boy or a girl.  The dress itself is made of sheermist cotton and the second layer is made with a dull organza.  I trimmed the layers with crocheted lace and plain white ribbon.


No comments:

Post a Comment